Cocoa Powder Processing
Our organic cocoa powder or cacao powder is ethically sourced. We start by carefully selecting cocoa beans or cacao beans into a paste. It is now pressed to leave a residue, or cake. We then finally mill to obtain the cocoa powder. The finish product has fat content of 10-12%. It is a versatile ingredient which can be used for all of your chocolate based recipes. Add to all manner of desserts, cakes, home made chocolates and smoothies.
Health Benefits of Consuming Raw Organic Cocoa Powder
Raw cacao or cocoa, is made by cold-pressing raw cacao beans ensuring that no nutrients are lost by heat treating.
- Combats Fatigue: If getting up in the morning is not your thing and you need a little help in the energy department, try this Adaptogenic Chocolate Zucchini Smoothie, with three heaping tablespoons of raw cacao to get you moving!
- Improves Mood and Balances Mood Swings: Cacao contains anandamide, sometimes referred to as the bliss molecule, which binds to the cannabinoid receptors in the brain creating a sense of ease and happiness. Not only will consuming cacao improve your well-being, but it will also combat mood swings by boosting serotonin levels in the brain.
- Makes your Skin Glow: Cocoa beans or cocoa powder (Cacao) is incredible for vibrant, healthy skin because it contains flavonoids that work to increase blood flow to the skin’s surface. This increased blood flow will promote cell regeneration which is necessary for glowing skin.
- Prevents Premature Aging: This is due to antioxidants in cacao which protect this cells from advanced destruction and help this skin feel healthy and youthful for longer!
- Combats Tooth Decay:
- Improves Digestion: Rich in dietary fiber and magnesium, eating raw cacao on a regular basis will prevent constipation, and overall enhance your digestive health.
- Improves Cognitive Function
- Reduces Risk of Cardiovascular Disease : High cholesterol levels can significantly increase the chances of developing heart disease. Thankfully raw cacao can lower LDL, or bad cholesterol, and raise HDL, the good cholesterol. This is due to the extremely high quantities of antioxidants found in cacao. This protect lipoproteins from oxidizing, or reacting with free radicals.
- Healthy Source of Fats
Organic Cacao powder
This is an amazing product to have: it’s great for use in baking and making desserts. Sprinkle this top-notch cocoa powder onto any fruit, nuts, desserts or sweet snacks like flapjacks, cookies, cakes and much more. An instant chocolate hit!
Organic Raw Cacao Powder
This cacao powder is 100% organic and fully raw, retaining all its plentiful nutritiousness. It’s great tasty and healthy ingredient to add to cakes, sweet treats, porridge, fruit salads and desserts. Healthier chocolate is the way forward!