What is Actinopyga Mauritiana (spiny sea cucumber): Sea cucumber for sale
Sea cucumber for sale, Actinopyga mauritiana, commonly known as the surf redfish, is a species of sea cucumber in the family Holothuriidae. It is native to the tropical West Indo-Pacific region and is harvest for food.
The Health Benefits of Sea Cucumber: Sea cucumber for sale
Asian delicacy touted as a remedy for arthritis and heart disease. While sea cucumbers can be eaten fresh, they are also eaten in dry form. Dry sea cucumber is often ground and sold in capsule form to treat not only sexual dysfunction but a wide range of unrelated medical conditions.
Sea cucumbers are rich in protein, niacin, and riboflavin and contain substances thought to influence human health, including:
- Chondroitin sulfate (a substance found in human cartilage)
- Coelomic fluid (a compound that functions similarly to white blood cells in humans)
- Palmitic, stearic, and linoleic acid (fatty acids with potent antioxidant effects)
- Squalene (a compound that acts the precursor to steroids)
- Triterpenoids (a class of compounds thought to slow cancer growth)
Preliminary studies have suggested that compounds in sea cucumber may have cancer-fighting properties.
Sea cucumbers are an excellent source of nutrients.
Four ounces (112 grams) of sea cucumber delivers:
- Calories: 60
- Protein: 14 grams
- Fat: less than one gram
- Vitamin A: 8% of the RDI
- B2 (Riboflavin): 60% of the RDI
- B3 (Niacin): 16% of the RDI
- Calcium: 4% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 4% of the RDI